Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 July 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. U.S. Critical Infrastructure Security: The Biden administration has announced these additional steps to protect U.S. critical infrastructure.
2. Cyber Insurance Trends: Cyber insurance rates are failing to match the catastrophic risks associated with cyberattacks, according to Chubb CEO Evan Greenberg, Reuters reports.
4. Research – Worldwide Cyberattacks: Organizations have experienced a 29% increase in cyber-attacks globally, according to a mid-year report from Check Point Software Technologies.
5. Threat Hunting and External Threat Mitigation – Part One: CrowdStrike has announced Falcon X Recon+, a new managed solution that “simplifies the process of hunting and mitigating external threats to brands, employees and sensitive data”. Specifically, Falcon X Recon+ threat experts “manage digital risk protection efforts by monitoring, triaging, assessing and responding to threats across the criminal underground,” the company says. CrowdStrike did not mention whether the new managed threat hunting service will feature MSSP and MDR channel partner opportunities.
6. Threat Hunting and External Threat Mitigation – Part Two: ZeroFox has released external threat hunting capabilities within the ZeroFox platform. The software is designed to provide real-time threat intelligence to threat hunters, analysts and cyber responders, the company says.
7. Multi-Cloud Data Security: Fortanix has released Data Security Manager (DSM) solution as a cloud-delivered service. It is certified to the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 standard.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar