Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 July 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP Partnerships – Microsoft: The Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA) has grown to span 246 member companies — including 176 independent software vendors (ISVs) and 67 MSSPs, according to a blog from Maria Thomson, Microsoft’s MISA lead.
2. Managed Security Operations Center (SOC): GreyCastle Security, owned by Assured Information Security, has launched Managed SOC — which combines 24/7 threat detection, expert analysis, and incident response services, the company says. GreyCastle Security provides cybersecurity risk assessment, advisory and mitigation services.
5. Fortinet Product Portfolio: Fortinet has announced the FortiGate 3500F Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) with “automated threat protection post decryption,” the company says. Also, Fortinet expanded its FortiCare and FortiGuard services to include FortiTrust — which extends user-based licensing across all networks, endpoints and clouds, the company says.
6. Funding – Concierge Cybersecurity: BlackCloak, which develops a digital executive protection platform, raised $11 million in Series A funding from lead investor TDF Ventures with participation from both TechOperators and DataTribe.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar