Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Hackers Trick Apple and Meta/Facebook: Hackers posing as law enforcement officials tricked Apple and Facebook parent Meta into sharing customer data, Bloomberg reported.
2. XDR and SOC Expansion: UncommonX, an eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) provider, announced, has opened a Security Operations Center (SOC) in Boulder, Colorado.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for Microsoft 365 Defender: CriticalStart has introduced MDR capabilities for the Microsoft 365 Defender security suite. The MDR services protect against phishing, brute force, and cloud application attacks on user credentials, CriticalStart asserted.
4. Free SOAR Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) Software: LogicHub has released the LogicHub Free SOAR Edition. The free offer is available to any user in the United States and Canada with a valid corporate email address. Upon registration, the user receives access to a dedicated cloud-based instance of the LogicHub SOAR platform, the company said.
5. API Integrations – Zero Trust: Darktrace can now extend its detection and autonomous response capabilities to zero trust technologies, including Zscaler, Okta and Duo Security, according to a Darktrace announcement today.
6. Partner Program – Privileged Access Management (PAM): Delinea, formed from the merger of Centrify and Thycotic Software, delivered “substantial growth in bookings for fiscal year 2021” — though the company didn’t actually disclose any specific revenue figures from the partner program.
7. Partnership: NeuShield and Cyber Iron Dome have partnered to help customers protect their systems and data, with immediate recovery from malware attacks.
8. Funding – Attack Surface Management: Cyberpion has raised $27 million in Series A funding. The company is striving to help customers address risks and vulnerabilities in their direct and indirect digital supply chain infrastructure.
9. ServiceNow and Government Security: ServiceNow National Security Cloud (NSC) has obtained a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Impact Level 5 (IL5) Provisional Authorization. The result: ServiceNow NSC is “authorized to meet the rigorous Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide at Impact Level 5,” the workflow software company said.
10. Cyberattacks Target Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The CISA and Department of Energy (DOE) issued a warning about threat actors targeting uninterruptible power supply (UPS) devices. Alas, the alert misspelled the word “uninterruptible” multiple times…
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar