SonicWall Unveils Capture Cloud Platform for Endpoint Protection
SonicWall has announced the Capture Cloud Platform, which integrates security, management, analytics and threat intelligence across the company’s network, email, mobile and cloud security products.
The company also has unveiled new and enhanced hardware, virtual appliance and endpoint security offerings, according to a prepared statement.
SonicWall’s Capture Cloud Platform combines the global security intelligence of the company’s Capture Threat Network with its cloud-based management, reporting and analytics of the Capture Security Center and advanced threat prevention of its Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) sandbox. By doing so, the Capture Cloud Platform provides intelligence, management and analytics to supplement SonicWall’s cybersecurity hardware, virtual appliances and endpoint security offerings, the company said.
The Capture Cloud Platform includes the following capabilities:
- Capture ATP: Offers a cloud sandbox service that uses multiple analysis techniques to block malware and zero-day threats.
- Capture Client: Delivers a unified, next-generation endpoint protection solution with “rollback” capabilities.
- Capture Labs Threat Network: Automates breach prevention and promotes threat intelligence sharing across SonicWall’s firewalls, Capture Client, Email Security appliances and mobility solutions.
- Capture Security Center: Provides customer-specific visibility, device management, analytics and reporting.
- Hosted Email Security: Offers a cloud-based security solution to protect organizations against email-borne threats such as ransomware, zero-day attacks, spear phishing and business email compromise.
SonicWall also has announced the following new and enhanced security offerings:
- Network Security appliance (NSa) firewalls: The new NSa 3650, 4650 and 5650 firewalls deliver more than double the number of SPI connections (up to 4 million) and quadruple the number of DPI-SSL connections compared to their predecessors.
- Network Security virtual (NSv) firewalls: SonicWall’s NSv firewalls protect critical components in private and public cloud environments.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF): The SonicWall WAF provides defense-in-depth capabilities to protect web applications running in private, public or hybrid cloud environments.
The Capture Security Center, NSv firewalls, NSa firewalls, WAF and Capture Client will be available for purchase in the first half of this year.
SonicWall RTDMI Protects Against Malicious PDFs, Microsoft Office Files
SonicWall Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection (RTDMI) technology now safeguards organizations against malicious PDFs and Microsoft Office files, according to a prepared statement.
RTDMI proactively detects and blocks unknown mass-market malware, SonicWall said. It uses deep memory inspection in real-time and identifies and blocks malware that may not exhibit any malicious behavior or hides its weaponry via encryption.
This year, RTDMI has been used to identify more than 3,500 never-before-seen attack variants, SonicWall indicated. It is available to SonicWall customers with active subscriptions to the company’s Capture ATP and Email Security offerings.
SonicWall offers data breach detection and prevention solutions used to secure more than 1 million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data. The company also has a network of more than 23,000 global channel partners.