Within the MSSP (managed security services provider) market, here are the 10 news, research and analysis stories that attracted the most readership for the week ended July 31, 2020, according to MSSP Alert:
1. Qualys Acquires Spell Security: What it means for MSSPs, endpoint detection and response, and MDR service providers.
2. Mimecast Acquires MessageControl: What it means for MSSPs and the phishing mitigation market.
3. Atos Acquiring Digital.Security: Actually, the deal hasn't closed yet. But we've got preliminary details.
4. Garmin Ransomware Attack: Did they pay the ransomware? Well... um...
6. FBI on COVID-19 Cyberattacks: What U.S. investigators are saying now...
7. Top 20 MDR Companies: Managed Detection and Response service providers that MSSPs need to know.
8. 5 Most Common Web Attacks: Still one of our best-read blogs.
9. New York Cyber Court Case: Why MSSPs in the financial services market should watch this legal case closely.
10. Sophos CSPM Tools: How cloud security posture management (CSPM) could help MSSPs to spot and fix cloud misconfigurations and vulnerabilities across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and more.