Accel, an IT services company, has purchased a minority stake BizCarta Technologies, an India-based cybersecurity consulting company that also has managed security services provider (MSSP) capabilities.
The investment supports Accel's mission to become "a full-fledged provider of digital transformation services," CEO N. R. Panicker said. Among the key benefits: The deal enables Accel to set up a security operations center (SOC) in Chennai, India to offer managed security services.
Related: See all MSSP M&A deals listed here.
BizCarta Risk Management & Managed Security Services
BizCarta helps organizations develop and implement information risk management and cybersecurity transformation strategies and framework. The company also offers the following managed security services:
- Dark web monitoring
- Managed detection and response (MDR)
- Penetration testing
- Software security testing
- Vulnerability and threat management
BizCarta also delivers cybersecurity consulting and technology integration services. It does not currently offer a channel partner program but may look to provide one in the future.
What Does the BizCarta Acquisition Mean for Accel?
BizCarta bolsters Accel's IT services portfolio, which includes the following companies:
- Accel IT Services: Offers services for cloud infrastructure, enterprise security, robotic process automation (RPA) and managed services and training.
- Accel Media Ventures: Delivers digital intermediary and visual effects services.
- Accel Realty: Helps IT and technology companies launch their operations and infrastructure plans.
Furthermore, Accel looks poised to continue to explore acquisition and investment opportunities. In doing so, Accel could expand its managed security services market reach.