ADT, a Top 100 MSSP and Top 20 MDR provider for 2018, continues to blur the lines between business-oriented managed security services, consumer-oriented identity protection services, and physical property protection.
The latest lineup includes Digital Security, a cybersecurity services suite designed to protect end users' personal identities, digital data, networks and financial information against cyber threats.
The company also has unveiled Identity Protection, a Digital Security e-commerce platform that safeguards users' personal information from identity theft. Identity Protection offers a variety of features, including:
- Credit Monitoring and Reporting: Provides daily credit monitoring of a user's personal information, public records, inquiries, new account openings and existing accounts and monthly credit score tracking.
- Dark Web Monitoring: Tracks websites, blogs and other online sources to find out if a user's personal information or identity is for sale or being used for fraudulent activity.
- Fraud Incident Resolution: Offers identity recovery and expense reimbursement.
In addition, ADT has announced the following Digital Security services:
- Dark Web Defense: Offers continuous public and private Internet monitoring and notifies users of possible suspicious activities associated with their personally identifiable information (PII).
- Home Network Protection: Provides users with access to an ADT-installed Wi-Fi router, virtual private network (VPN) services and other cybersecurity services.
- Secure VPN: Delivers an app for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices that shields a user's information from cybercriminals attempting to hack into his or her public Wi-Fi connection.
Identity Protection is now available, and Dark Web Defense, Home Network Protection and Secure VPN are expected to be released this fall.
A Closer Look at ADT and the Cybersecurity Market
The Digital Security release is one of several recent moves that could help ADT accelerate its cybersecurity market growth.
For example, ADT last month acquired Secure Designs Inc. (SDI) for an undisclosed sum. SDI now operates under the ADT Cybersecurity name and designs, implements, monitors and manages small business network defense systems.
ADT also added the Cofense Triage phishing-specific automated incident response platform to its managed detection and response (MDR) services in May. Cofense Triage helps ADT customers quickly identify and resolve phishing attacks.
What Is ADT?
ADT is considered one of the top MDR services providers in the United States. It offers monitored security and home and business automation solutions to more than 8 million customers across North America, along with automated security operations center (ASOC) and other cybersecurity services.
Furthermore, ADT recorded revenue of $1.1 billion in the second quarter of 2018, up 6 percent year over year. The company also has estimated that its total 2018 revenue will fall between roughly $4.5 billion and 4.6 billion.