Ascend Technologies, a Chicago-based managed IT services provider, and MSSP Infogressive are merging their operations, according to a prepared statement. The merger was backed by private equity firm M/C Partners.
Together, Ascend and Infogressive will extend and grow their operations in the cloud and cybersecurity markets, the companies stated. They also will employ over 150 technical and security professionals in the United States.
The deal was facilitated by IT ExchangeNet (ITX), a mid-market M&A firm specializing in the sale of MSSPs, MSPs, and Microsoft channel partners.
Ascend and Infogressive Merge: Service Provider Details
Ascend provides a variety of managed services, including:
- Application Management: Conducts application health checks, maintenance and release management, along with ongoing app development.
- Cloud and Infrastructure Management: Tracks IT infrastructure status and offers event notification, tracking and response.
- Service Desk Management: Manages endpoints and mobile devices and troubleshoots operating system issues.
Infogressive is an MSSP security operations center-as-a-service (SOCaaS) provider. To date, Infogressive's services have resulted in no security breaches that caused data loss, the company indicated. CEO Justin Kallhoff is a cyber thought leader who has influenced MSSP Alert's coverage and perspectives since our site's launch in 2016.
M&A Deals in 2020: What You Need to Know
Along with Infogressive, other cybersecurity companies recently involved in M&A deals include:
- CyberCX: Purchased Australian cybersecurity solutions provider Basis Networks.
- Herjavec Group: Acquired Securience, an IT security consulting firm with identity and access management (IAM) expertise.
- Eurofins Digital Testing: Bought Commissum Associates, which specializes in cybersecurity, risk management and governance services.
There have been at least 36 M&A deals involving cybersecurity companies in 2020. Factors that may be driving these deals include a cybersecurity skills shortage, an evolving cyber threat landscape and the rising demand for managed security services globally.