Cybrary, a cybersecurity training platform provider, has raised $25 million in a Series C funding round. The company will use the funding to bolster research and development across its engineering, product and marketing teams and grow its Cybrary Threat Intelligence Group (CTIG), according to a prepared statement.
The Series C funding brings Cybrary's total financing to $48 million, the company noted. Cybrary previously secured $15 million in Series B funding in November 2019.
Cybrary Adds Mandiant CEO to Board of Directors, Hires Executives
Meanwhile, Mandiant CEO Kevin Mandia has joined Cybrary's board of directors. Additional board members include Cybrary CEO Kevin Hanes, co-founder Ryan Corey and investors Jim Curry and Ron Gula.
Furthermore, Cybrary made the following executive hires in March 2022:
- Rob Usey as its CTO
- Charlie Booth as its CFO
- Mary Fad as its VP of marketing
- Tonya Butler as VP of people
These executive hires marked "the beginning of the next chapter of company growth," Cybrary said.
A Closer Look at Cybrary
Cybrary offers a cybersecurity training platform that provides guided pathways, threat-informed training and certification preparation, the company stated. In doing so, cybersecurity professionals can use the platform to improve their skill sets and discover the best ways to mitigate threats.
Key features of Cybrary's platform include:
- On-demand Courses. These courses are taught by threat experts and focus on threat analysis, incident response, penetration testing and other cybersecurity topics.
- Skill and Work Role Assessments. Cybersecurity professionals can complete assessments to identify their strengths and weaknesses and determine where to focus their training.
- Virtual Labs. Cybrary's virtual labs let cybersecurity professionals perform various tasks as part of training scenarios.
More than three million learners globally use Cybrary's platform, the company stated. Meanwhile, Cybrary has partnered with Palo Alto Networks, RiskIQ and other cybersecurity companies. Cybrary does not currently offer a channel partner program but may look to provide one in the future.