Gurucul, a user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) and identity analytics (IdA) technology provider, has hired IBM security veteran Jasen Meece as its president. Meece will oversee Gurucul's sales, business development, channel and partnership programs and their respective go-to-market strategies, according to a prepared statement.
Meece has over 20 years of management experience in identity, cloud security and cyber risk management, Gurucul CEO Saryu Nayyar stated. He most recently served as managing director of IBM's global security group.
Prior to joining IBM, Meece was managing director at KPMG and helped the company implement cyber risk mitigation programs for several global organizations. Meece also has held enterprise and mid-market sales management positions at Oracle, Sun Microsystems and other software companies.
What Is Gurucul?
Gurucul offers real-time security technology that combines machine learning behavior profiling with predictive risk-scoring algorithms to help organizations automate front-line security controls and predict, detect and prevent data breaches, according to the company. Today, Gurucul's technology is used by businesses and government agencies to fight cyber fraud, IP theft and account compromise.
Furthermore, Gurucul offers the following security products:
- Cloud Security Analytics: Delivers a real-time view of identity, access and activity in the cloud.
- Fraud Analytics: Ingests both structured and unstructured data and aggregates risk context for intelligent predictive fraud detection and creates a unique risk score for each internal user, customer or provider entity.
- Gurucul Risk Analytics (GRA): Uses contextual information for machine learning, behavior analytics and deep learning to provide real-time risk-prioritized alerts for incident analysis.
- IdA: Provides a complete view of identity, access, privileged access and usage in the cloud across mobile and on-premises environments.
- UEBA: Leverages machine learning models to detect unknown threats via predictive risk scoring.
Gurucul offers a partner program that allows MSSPs and global systems integrators to add GRA to their portfolios. The program ensures solution providers can leverage Gurucul's technology to help organizations identify and address insider threat and external hacker activity.
With the Gurucul partner program, solution providers can white-label GRA as a managed service or co-branded service offering, the company stated. They also can deploy Gurucul's next-generation anti-fraud, money laundering or real-time data protection as a service.