Cymulate, an Israeli technology startup that provides a software-as-a-service (SaaS) breach and attack simulation platform, now offers cybersecurity validation for MSSPs.
The Cymulate platform is a cloud-based cybersecurity simulation-as-a-service offering that replicates cyberattacks against network and endpoint security infrastructure, according to a prepared statement. By doing so, the platform enables MSSPs to assess whether the organizations they serve are ready to handle cybersecurity threats.
MSSPs can use the Cymulate platform to validate security assumptions and identify possible gaps in a customer's cybersecurity strategy, the company indicated. They also can leverage offensive and defensive actions to simulate multi-vector cyberattacks from a hacker's perspective, Cymulate stated, to accelerate vulnerability testing and time to remediation.
In addition, the Cymulate platform empowers MSSPs with on-demand security assessments, the company said. It provides a clear picture of a customer's security vulnerabilities from every point of exposure, Cymulate noted, to help MSSPs stay ahead of cyberattacks.
Cymulate: Here's What You Need to Know
Cymulate was founded in 2016 by cybersecurity industry veterans Eyal Wachsman and Avihai Ben-Yosef. The company offers several advanced persistent threat (APT) simulation solutions, including:
- Browsing Assessment: Enables organizations to assess their outbound exposure to malicious websites using common HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): Allows organizations to test their outbound data flows.
- Email Assessment: Helps organizations test and improve email security.
- Endpoint: Shows which security products are protecting an organization's endpoints and which are not working properly.
- Hopper: Gathers all cybercriminal techniques used to move around inside a network to reveal the breach spots of an organization's Windows Domain Network.
- Phishing: Reduces the risk of spear-phishing, ransomware or CEO fraud.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)/Security Operations Center (SOC): Combines all Cymulate Modules into a single graphical user interface to simulate a multi-vector attack.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) Assessment: Allows organizations to test their WAF configurations, implementations and features.
Cymulate Unity Partner Program
Cymulate offers the Unity Partner Program, which enables MSSPs and other partners to sell its attack and breach simulation platform. Unity Partner Program features include access to marketing collateral, technical support and training.
In March, Cymulate completed a $3 million Series A financing round led by private equity investment firm Susquehanna Growth Equity. The funding could help Cymulate enhance its portfolio and accelerate its growth.