M&A activity in the identity and access management (IAM) security market remains strong.
What's driving all the M&A activity? The short answer involves (A) a highly fragmented market that's (B) enjoying strong demand from MSSPs, MSPs and end-customers.
Indeed, the global identity and access management (IAM) market will reach $34.52 billion in 2028, which represents a 14.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2021, according to Fortune Business Insights.
Who's Buying and Investing in Identity Security Companies?
Amid that backdrop, here is a regularly updated list tracking the buyers, sellers and investors -- including private equity activity in the IAM market.
23. October 2022: Intercede acquired Authlogics.
22. October 2022: Thoma Bravo acquired ForgeRock.
21. October 2022: iC Consult Group acquired Kapstone Technologies.
19. April 2022: OneIDLab merged with Tozny.
18. April 2022: Private equity firm Thoma Bravo acquired SailPoint Technologies.
17. March 2022: Avast acquired SecureKey Technologies, a digital identity & authentication security provider.
16. March 2022: SentinelOne acquired Attivo Networks to converge XDR and identity security.
15. January 2022: iC Consult Group acquired SecureITsource & ICSynergy -- a provider of IAM professional & managed services across ForgeRock, Okta, Omada, One Identity, Ping Identity, SailPoint & Saviynt.
14. January 2022: Vectra AI acquired Siriux Security Technologies, a company that specializes in identity & SaaS threat management & Microsoft 365 vulnerability assessments.
13. December 2021: Biometrics software provider Aware acquired Fortress Identity.
12./ June 2021: Ping Identity acquired SecuredTouch, a fraud & bot detection & mitigation provider.
10. March 2021: Centrify-Thycotic identity merged.
9. March 2021: Okta acquired Auth0 for $6.5 billion, and gained identity & multi-factor authentication (MFA) security technologies.
8. November 2020: EY Canada, part of Ernst & Young, acquired IDMSense, a CyberArk, Microsoft, SalePoint & Okta partner for privileged access management (PAM) & cloud-based identity management MSP.
7. May 2020: CyberArk acquired Idaptive for $70 million; gained privileged access management (PAM), single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication (MFA) & Identity as a Service (IaaS) capabilities.
6. October 2019: Atos acquired IDnomic, a European digital identify infrastructure management company.
5. September 2019: HID Global acquired HydrantID.
2. January 2018: KPMG acquired the identity and access management (IAM) business of cybersecurity services provider Cyberinc.
1. June 2017: Ernst & Young (EY) acquired Open Windows Identity, a cybersecurity services consulting firm focused on Identity and Access Management (IAM).