Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, November 22, 2017:
6. Uber Hack Coverup: Uber allegedly paid hackers $100,000 to cover up a 2016 breach that exposed data from 57 million users and drivers. Here are the details and the fallout.
5. Intel Management Engine Weaknesses: An Intel remote administration feature called Management Engine could give hackers full control over computers that run the technology. We'll share the MSSP implications today.
4. Firewall Momentum: Palo Alto Networks' revenues were $505.5 million in Q1 2018, up a healthy 27 percent compared to Q1 2017. The company's overall revenues and profits easily beat Wall Street's expectations, and shares jumped about 6.7 percent on the news.
3. VIPRE Honors: VIPRE Security has again received OPSWAT Gold certification for its SMB cybersecurity solution. The newly awarded certification ensures VIPRE customers receive interoperable network access solutions from vendors including Cisco, Citrix, Pulse Secure and many others, the company notes. The honor is especially timely, considering VIPRE recently launched a cloud-centric platform for its SMB partners and customers.
2. Finding the right MSSP: How can customers find the 'right' managed security services provider to safeguard their businesses? Herjavec Group offers this decision guide, and Delta Risk is telling prospective customers to ask these questions before signing up with an MSSP. Both companies, by the way, rank among the world's Top 100 MSSPs for 2017.
1. Thank You: To my business partner, Amy Katz, for building a media company that gave me a soapbox upon which to stand. To my family for allowing me to stand on that soapbox -- even when it sometimes means less time at home -- or late-night rants penned in my home office. To our sponsors for funding the soapbox. And most importantly, to our readers for gathering around the soapbox each day -- to consume the latest reports from our team of bloggers and contributors across MSSP Alert and our sister site ChannelE2E. Happy Thanksgiving.