Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cyber Alliance: SPHERE, a solutions provider for identity hygiene and access governance, and BigID, a data security platform specialist, have formed a strategic alliance that offers joint customers the ability to identify and remediate identity hygiene risks. The joint solution will reduce the attack surface and automatically remove open and excessive access to sensitive data, the companies said.
2. Leadership Move: ExtraHop, a cloud-native network detection and response (NDR) specialist, has named Mark Bowling chief information security and risk officer. Bowling will be responsible for implementing security, information security and risk management frameworks to maximize growth opportunities for ExtraHop, the company said.
3. Leadership Move: SentinelOne has named Sally Jenkins chief marketing officer. Jenkins will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of the company’s marketing strategy to elevate the SentinelOne brand and support growth at scale.
4. Automotive Cybersecurity Partnership: VicOne, an automotive cybersecurity solutions provider, announced that it is making a strategic financial investment in Block Harbor. For automotive original equipment manufacturers and suppliers, the partnership will facilitate a joint platform integration to deliver solutions for automotive cybersecurity.
5. Cyber Education: Blackpoint Cyber, a cybersecurity company providing solutions via managed service providers (MSPs), has launched Blackpoint University, a learning platform to empower MSPs to mature their core business operations. Blackpoint University will offer sales and technical cybersecurity training, with instruction by leaders from the military, intelligence and business communities.
6. Security Bootcamp: PwC’s Academy is partnering with ThriveDX to skill individuals to pursue a cybersecurity career. The Cyber Impact Bootcamp is intended to address the global talent shortage in cybersecurity and provide a pathway to help solve the growing digital skills gap.
7: Funding Boost: Coro, a cybersecurity platform provider for mid-market organizations, announced a $75M funding round, bringing the total funding raised in the last 12 months to $155M. Coro added Energy Impact Partners to its current investors, Balderton Capital and JVP.
8. Malware Alert: A new Android malware strain named Goldoson has been detected in the official Google Play Store, spanning more than 60 legitimate apps that collectively have over 100 million downloads. An additional eight million installations have been tracked through one store, a third-party app storefront in South Korea. The rogue component is part of a third-party software library used by the apps in question, and is capable of gathering information about installed apps, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-connected devices, and GPS locations. (Source: The Hacker News)