Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Partnership: BlackBerry has named Solutions Granted a "Master Managed Security Services Provider." As a Master MSSP, Solutions Granted will be better positioned to help its own partners to deliver managed detection and response (MDR) and other managed security services to their clients.
2. Partner Program Expands: High Wire Networks has expanded its Overwatch Managed Cybersecurity Partner Program for MSPs seeking a strategic partner to help increase recurring revenue generated by cybersecurity services. The enhanced channel partner program adds new benefits designed to help MSP partners grow their managed cybersecurity business, the company said.
3. Industry Recognition: GrammaTech, a provider of application security testing products and software research services, announced that CodeSonar has been named Cutting Edge Embedded Security Product of the Year. Also, CodeSentry was selected Next Gen Software Supply Chain Security Product of the Year in the 2023 Global InfoSec Awards.
4. Cybersecurity Partnership: Deep Instinct has formed a new partnership with MDR specialist eSentire. This partnership will protect eSentire customers from unknown and zero-day attacks with efficacy and speed, the company said.
5. Industry Recognition: For the third consecutive year, Stellar Cyber has been named a Global InfoSec Award winner for its open eXtended detection and response (XDR) platform. Steve Garrison, Stellar Cyber vice president of Marketing, accepted the award for Most Innovative XDR Solution at the Global InfoSec Awards ceremony at the RSA Conference this week.
6. Product Launch: ManageEngine has launched the MSSP Edition of its cloud-based SIEM solution, Log360 Cloud, which is designed to address the unique business challenges of MSSPs and thereby drive up their profit margins, the company said.
7: U.S. Cyber Force Deployment: The U.S. is sending more of its cyber forces abroad to help foreign governments fight hackers, a top U.S. military official said at the RSA Conference this week. In the last three years, the U.S. military’s Cyber National Mission Force (CNMF) has conducted 47 “hunt forward” defensive operations across 20 countries at the invitation of those nations, U.S. Army Major General William Hartman said. (Source: Reuters)
8. Cybersecurity Acquisition: Thrive, a provider of cybersecurity, cloud and digital transformation managed services, has acquired cybersecurity provider Storagepipe. The acquisition will expand Thrive's global presence while allowing Storagepipe clients to leverage Thrive's managed cybersecurity and cloud services, the companies said.
9. Company Rebrand: Quickpass Cybersecurity, a provider of privileged access management and helpdesk security automation for MSPs, has rebranded as CyberQP. The company has raised an additional $12 million from its financial partner, Arthur Ventures.
10. Product Launch: Lumu Technologies debuted Lumu for SecOps at the RSA Conference this week. Lumu for SecOps enables security teams to efficiently operate cybersecurity by identifying and responding to threats in the network. Lumu for SecOps will help strapped cybersecurity teams implement a solution that responds to threats faster and more efficiently, the company said.