Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, April 12, 2018:
12. Facebook Privacy Bounty Program: Facebook is launching a “data abuse” bounty program to reward people who report misuse of data by app developers. Meanwhile, European Union privacy watchdogs will look deeper into the harvesting of personal data from social networks for economic or political purposes following the privacy scandal engulfing Facebook, Reuters says. On a related note, the Irish High Court has asked the EU’s top court for a detailed assessment of whether Facebook and others can legally transfer user information from Europe to the United States, according to reports.
11. Cyber Fund: Gili Raanan, general partner at Sequoia Capital Israel, has raised $50 million for a new venture capital fund called Cyberstarts.
10. IPO: Avast, the world’s largest consumer antivirus supplier by customers, will apply to list its shares on the London Stock Exchange. The IPO is expected to value the company at around $4 billion, Reuters estimates.
9. Vulnerability Mapping: Illumio's Adaptive Security Platform now features global vulnerability mapping capabilities. An integration between Illumio and Qualys Cloud Platform shows potential attack paths in real time.
8. IoT: Mocana, a provider of mission-critical IoT security solutions for industrial control systems, has launched Mocana TrustCenter. The platform delivers manage security across the lifecycle of IoT devices and industrial control systems (ICS), the company asserts.
7. Machine Learning: Kaspersky Lab’s flagship product, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business, has evolved with next-generation detection through machine learning, increased visibility and granular security controls, including vulnerability management, credentials protection and integration with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), the security company claims.
6. Partnership - SD-WANs: SecureOps, an MSSP, has partnered with Expereo to help customers securely operate Internet-centric networks, deploy SD-WANs, and move to the cloud with confidence, the two companies say.
5. Breach Mitigation: Balbix has updated its BreachControl platform. The upgrades MSSPs to automatically prioritize alarms and incidents by business risk, while gaining contextualized recommended actions to minimize the potential impact of security events, Balbix claims. With those goals in mind, the BreachControl platform gathers information from SIEM tools and next-gen firewalls.
4. Reorganization: Netsurion is merging its Netsurion and EventTracker channel partner programs. True believers include CARVIR Cybersecurity, a Top 100 MSSP that leverages Netsurion SIEMphonic Essentials. The platform is a co-managed SIEM solution that helps CARVIR and its MSP partners safeguard customer systems.
3. Partner Program Part One: Allure Security has launched a channel partner program for VARs, systems integrators, MSSPs and other technology resellers to add data loss detection and response (DDR) technology to their enterprise data protection portfolios.
2. Partner Program Part Two: CyberArk, which specializes in privileged access security, is promoting a CyberArk Service Provider Offering specifically designed for MSSPs. The multi-tenant design and management console supports consumption-based pricing, and helps MSSPs to accelerate onboarding while delivering monitoring and security services to customers.
1. RSA Conference - Live Blog: Track all of MSSP Alert's RSA Conference 2018 news coverage and analysis here. Meeting Us: Sorry, our meeting schedule at the conference is fully booked. Send Us News: Got conference-related news to share? Please email me: [email protected].