Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, December 13, 2018.
9. IAM: HID Global has unveiled ActivOne, a subscription-based delivery model that simplifies enterprise-class identity and access management (IAM) software and services, the company says.
6. Critical Infrastructure Attacks: McAfee researchers have uncovered a global hacker campaign that targeted nuclear, defense, energy, and financial companies. The ominous campaign was called Operation Sharpshooter.
2. M&A - Vulnerability Assessments: Arctic Wolf Networks has acquired RootSecure, a provider of cybersecurity risk and vulnerability assessment tools. Multiple vulnerability and risk assessment companies have been acquired in recent months. Example deals include:
- ConnectWise recently acquired Sienna Group, an MSSP that educates MSPs and IT consulting firms about the NIST Cybersecurity Framework for risk management.
- Kaseya recently acquired RapidFire Tools, a popular MSP software provider focused on internal threat detection, network and security assessments, and compliance products.