Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
9. International Cybersecurity Laws: More than 50 nations, 130 private sector groups and 90 charitable groups and universities have embraced The Paris Call for Trust and Security in Cyberspace. But the United States, Russia and China were noticeably absent from the effort...
8. Fresh Facebook Privacy Concerns: Facebook is rolling out in-home video chatting devices called Portal. The technology sure sounds promising -- but how many people will adopt it amid Facebook's recent and repeated privacy setbacks?
7. Funding - Breach & Attack Simulations: XM Cyber has raised $22 million in Series A funding from Macquarie Capital, Nasdaq Ventures, Our Innovation Fund, LP and UST Global, among others. The company has now raised a total of $32 million, following a previous seed round of $10 million from Swarth Group. XM Cyber also has an emerging MSSP partner program...
6. New York Hospital Data Breach: SUNY Upstate University Hospital in New York has suffered a data breach involving 1,216 patients, the Syracuse-based healthcare provider disclosed in recent days.
5. Penetration Testing & Financial Services: First Sentinel Bank has selected Porter Keadle Moore (PKM) to conduct its third-party penetration testing, ACH audit and IT audit. PKM is an accounting and advisory firm that serves public and private financial institutions, insurers, technology companies and entrepreneurial small businesses.
4. Funding - What Comes After F?: Cloud Access Security Brokerage Netskope has raised $168.7 million in Series F funding led by existing investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Accel, Geodesic Capital, Iconiq Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Social Capital participated, in addition to new investor, Base Partners. The company has raised $400 million to date.
3. MSP Platforms - Security Integration: Bitdefender's security software now integrates with Kaseya VSA -- an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform for MSPs and midmarket IT departments.
2. Cylance Threat Actor Warning: Cylance has identified and tracked a new—and likely state-sponsored—threat actor whose profile does not match any of the established advanced persistent threat (APT) groups. Details are here.
1. Threat Intelligence and Risk Scoring: SonicWall has unveiled a range of new offerings and services to help safeguard organizations. The lineup includes personalized Risk Meters -- which gives customers company-specific, real-time threat intelligence and risk scoring. We'll share more details soon.