Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
8. Symantec Investigation: Symantec offered a vague statement yesterday during an investor call about an internal accounting investigation.
7. Breach: Malley’s Chocolates is warning 3,400 online customers that their credit or debit card information might have been compromised by a computer hacker in March, during the Ohio candy company’s busy weeks before Easter, according to The Associated Press.
6. Partnership Part One: IBM Security has introduced a new privileged access management (PAM) solution, called IBM Security Secret Server, powered by Thycotic technology. Thycotic already has more than 7,500 PAM customers of its own.
5. Partnership Part Two: Centrify has joined SailPoint's Identity+ Alliance program and integrated its Privileged Access Service with SailPoint IdentityIQ. Joint customers gain a single pane of glass for a privileged user’s entitlements.
4. Partnership Part Three: Mocana and Verizon are partnering to simplify IoT security. The effort will integrate Mocana TrustPoint endpoint security with Verizon’s ThingSpace, a platform for IoT device connectivity, management, security, and analytics.
3. Business Strategy: Moscow-based Kaspersky Lab plans to open a data center in Switzerland by the end of next year to help address Western government concerns that Russia exploits its anti-virus software to spy on customers, Reuters reports.
2. M&A and Funding: PhishLabs and BrandProtect have merged to focus on threat intelligence and mitigation solutions. The combined company has also raised growth capital but the funding figure was not disclosed.