Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
9. McAfee Integrations: McAfee's Security Innovation Alliance (SIA) has gained 17 new partners and 16 newly certified integrations, the company disclosed during its MPower conference in Las Vegas.
7. Partnership - AI and Forensics: Darktrace and Endace are partnering to integrate Darktrace’s cyber AI with Endace’s forensic capabilities. The combined solution allows organizations to discover in-progress attacks with Darktrace’s AI, and investigate them with Endace’s packet-level network history, the two companies assert.
6. Rebranding - Endpoint Security: Trend Micro has rebranded and relaunched its endpoint security platform as Apex One. It features a single agent for automated detection and response. The new offering will be available November 8.
5. NIST TLS Guidance: A second draft of NIST's Transport Layer Security (TLS) guidance is now available for comment...
4. M&A: Nucleus Cyber has acquired Cyxtera's Security Sheriff platform. The move propels Nucleus into the security market for Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 and file sharing -- on premises, in the cloud and across hybrid environments, the company says.
3. Office 365 Managed Detection and Response: Patriot Consulting Technology has unveiled SecureShield 365, a cybersecurity service that monitors for intrusions across Office 365 and on-premises data centers.
2. IBM Security Community: IBM has launched Security Connect, a cloud-based community platform for cybersecurity applications. The platform is designed to "analyze security data across previously unconnected tools and environments," the company asserts. IBM is a Top 100 MSSP.
1. Top 100 Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list when ChannelE2E unveils research results during a webcast this Thursday.