Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
14. McAfee Layoffs: McAfee has experienced layoffs in its channel partner organization, according to CRN. We've asked McAfee for a comment about who is leading the channel organization and will share updates if/when we receive them. The apparent cuts come just as McAfee launches MVISION, a platform that delivers "simplified management, stronger Windows security, behavior analytics, and threat defense for Android and iOS devices."
13. AWS Partner Network: Data security specialist Enveil has achieved Standard Technology Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN).
12. AWS Security: CrowdStrike has launched Falcon Discover for Amazon Web Services (AWS) workloads. Falcon Discover provides security, operations and development teams with detailed visibility and extensive control over Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances, improving overall security posture, CrowdStrike asserts.
11. Microsoft Azure Security Part One: SoftwareONE is collaborating with Trend Micro to launch Security for Azure, a managed security service that enables organizations to protect their Microsoft Azure environment.
10. Microsoft Azure Security Part Two: Rapid7 now integrates with Microsoft Azure. Partners and customers gain modern vulnerability management, analytics-driven incident detection for hybrid environments, and simplified agent deployment within the Azure infrastructure, Rapid7 asserts.
9. DNS Security: Mimecast has launched an early adopter program for its new Domain Name System (DNS) Security Gateway solution. The Mimecast DNS Security Gateway early adopter program is open for existing Mimecast customers looking to improve their defenses against web-based attacks, the company says.
8. Cyber Talent: Only 65 percent of enterprise and midmarket organizations employ cybersecurity experts, according to Gartner's 2018 CIO Agenda Survey...
7. SIEM: ManageEngine has unveiled Log360 Cloud, a SIEM and log management platform that allows IT administrators to store and manage log data collected from on-premises environments. The information is stored in Zoho’s secure cloud platform.
6. Penetration Testing and Certification: CompTIA is set to launch its penetration testing certification -- aptly called CompTIA PenTest+ -- on July 31. It's safe to expect more details during the CompTIA ChannelCon conference in Washington, D.C.
5. Funding - Cyber Controls: Verodin, which develops technology that validates the effectiveness of cybersecurity controls, has raised $21 million in Series B funding led by TenEleven Ventures and Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP). Capital One Growth Ventures, Citi Ventures and all existing investors participated in the round.
4. Funding - Healthcare Cybersecurity: CyberMDX, a healthcare cybersecurity provider delivering visibility and threat prevention for medical devices and clinical networks, has raised $10 million Series A financing. The round was led by Pitango Venture Capital, with participation from OurCrowd Qure.
3. Cybersecurity Training: CyberGym has opened its first U.S. cyber training and technology arena, the latest in its global network of facilities where organizations use an emulation of their critical systems to test their people and qualify their cybersecurity technologies and policies, the company says.
2. Partner Program Momentum: Revenues from SentinelOne's Worldwide Channel Partner Program have grown more than 350 percent year-over-year -- though actual dollar figures were not disclosed. In terms of partner reach, SentinelOne has doubled the number of international, and tripled the number of North American partners over the past 12 months, the company says.
1. AlienVault Research: Phishing and ransomware are the biggest internal concerns for enterprises’ security departments, according to 55% and 45% of participants in an AlienVault cybersecurity research report.