Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
11. Government Security Services: NSFOCUS is launching Exposed Internet Surface Analysis (EISA), which identifies malicious activity of rogue IPs, ports and services that might be compromised and hidden within the organization’s network. The product launched at GovernmentWare (GovWare), a Southeast Asia conference.
10. DDoS Mitigation Services: US Signal has partnered with Cloudflare to launch a managed and customizable distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protection service. The service delivers DDoS mitigation for network, transport and application layers. It leverages Cloudflare’s global Anycast network and is implemented by US Signal’s information security and provisioning team, with support and customization from its technical operations engineers, the companies say.
9. Web Security: ManageEngine has launched Browser Security Plus, a browser management solution that helps organizations secure their corporate data in the cloud and protect their networks from web-based cyberattacks, the company says.
8. SIEM: CorreLog says CorreLog SIEM Correlation Server and zDefender Visualizer for z/OS, version 5.8.3, are now generally available. CorreLog supports Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) capabilities across Windows/UNIX platforms. zDefender Visualizer for z/OS provides SIEM correlation in real-time from data received from mainframe Z systems.
7. SMB Phishing Threats: Phishing is the top cybersecurity threat to small and midsize businesses, a new Webroot research report says.
6. Talent: CenturyLink has hired Apple veteran Chris Betz as Chief Security Officer, responsible for leading the company's corporate security, information security and security product development teams.
5. Funding - Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Fidelis Cybersecurity, a provider of automated detection and response capabilities, has raised $25 million funding. The company's most recent quarterly bookings include 15 of the Fortune 500, 20 of the Forbes Global 2000 and 10 U.S. and foreign government agencies, Fidelis asserts. The company will use the funding to expand its 24x7 managed detection and response (MDR) service.
4. Dark Web Monitoring for MSPs: ID Agent, which develops Dark Web monitoring and identity theft protection solutions for channel partners, now integrates with RapidFire Tools Network Detective. The integration will allow MSPs that run Network Detective to assess and report to their clients and prospects whether data and credentials have been exposed via the dangerously untraceable “dark web," ID Agent says. Kaseya acquired RapidFire Tools earlier this month.
3. Managed Detection and Response: Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP for 2018 and 2017, has added actionable threat intelligence into its Advanced Security Operation Centre (ASOC) in Singapore, strengthening its managed detection and response (MDR) offerings worldwide, the company says.
2. Conference: Carbon Black's cybersecurity conference, called Cb Connect 2018, is now sold out. The event, set for October in New York, will focus on consolidating security solutions in the cloud. MSSP Alert will be blogging live from the event.
1. SOC Services: SolarWinds MSP has launched the SolarWinds Threat Monitoring Service Program. MSPs can leverage SolarWinds Threat Monitor to build SOCs (security operations centers) that deliver threat monitoring services for their end-customers. We'll share more details from the Empower MSP conference, hosted by SolarWinds MSP this week in Phoenix. We'll share more details soon.