Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
7. Cyberattacks Hit Italy: Unknown hackers gained access to thousands of Italian certified email accounts, including those of magistrates and security officials, in a major cyber attack earlier this month, Reuters says.
6. Small Business Cyber Risk Management: Cyberlaw.io has introduced a Cybersecurity Risk Management Self-Assessment Kit for regulated small businesses -- including doctors' offices, accountants, insurance professionals and more.
5. Partnership: Team8 has launched Portshift, a cloud-workload protection platform backed with $5.3million in seed funding. Portshift allows developers to deploy applications with built-in security rather than layered on after, the company claims.
4. Risk Management - VMware Cloud on AWS: Caveonix RiskForesight, a hybrid cloud risk management platform, is now available to VMware Cloud on AWS customers. RiskForesight detects and predicts threats and vulnerabilities in a company’s hybrid cloud environment, and proactively acts against such issues, the company asserts.
3. AWS Security: Here's security-related news at the AWS re:Invent 2018 conference and more.
2. Top 10 Security Lists for 2019: We're rolling out multiple Top 10 lists to help you strengthen your security posture for customers in 2019. The lists so far include...
1. MSSP Pricing Guide: We’ll share managed security pricing tips during our December webcast. Register now to join us.