Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, March 21, 2019.
6. Ransomware Attack - Norsk Hydro Update: After suffering a severe ransomware attack earlier this week, Norsk Hydro has maintained very effective crisis communications. Crisis communications experts -- and novices facing a business crisis -- should take note.
5. Partnership: Abacode, an MSSP with operations in the United States and the United Kingdom, has partnered with TAG Alliances -- an organization whose members provide legal, accounting, financial and business support worldwide. TAG has 290 member firms that employ 18,000 professionals.
4. Research Part One: WatchGuard has issued its quarterly Internet Security Report for Q4 2018. Among the takeaways: Phishing campaigns showed a dangerous increase in sophistication in Q4, the company says.
3. Research Part Two: The FBI’s shutdown of the 15 largest distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) for hire vendors (“booters”) reduced the overall number of attacks worldwide by nearly 11 percent compared to the same period last year, according to the Nexusguard Q4 2018 Threat Report.
2. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.
1. Today - Ten MSSP Business Requirements: Join MSSP Alert and Proficio CEO Brad Taylor for our webcast at 2:00 p.m. ET today. The topic is 10 Managed Security Business Requirements. Register now to join us live today or tune in on-demand anytime after today's live discussion.