Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Research - Security Operations Centers (SOCs): Fully 8 out of 10 SOCs suffer from annual analyst turnover of at least 10 percent or more, according to research from CriticalStart, a provider of managed detection and response (MDR) services. Among the causes of SOC analyst churn: Alert overload, the report says. Still, we wonder how much of the churn involves analysts jumping to new, higher-paying opportunities amid the cyber market's talent shortage. We'll offer more thoughts soon.
2. Talent - U.S. Cybersecurity: Vermont CISO Nicholas Andersen has stepped down to join the Trump administration. His specific role in the president's administration has not been disclosed, Government Technology reports.
3. Microsoft Windows Privacy Breach?: Microsoft is remotely collecting data from users of Windows Home and Windows Pro, in a potential breach of privacy rules, the Dutch Data Protection Agency (DPA) said on Tuesday, according to Reuters.
4. Data Breach - Hosting Provider: Hostinger has reset all client passwords as a precautionary measure following a recent security incident, the hosting provider says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. East-West Security: FortiGate-VM, powered by the Fortinet Security Fabric, is extending its native support of VMware NSX-T Data Center to provide security for so-called East-West network traffic. The offering already supports North-South (i.e., server-client traffic) security.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.