Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, September 27, 2018.
6. Cyber Attack Simulator: Cyberbit and CloudRanger have launched a cyber attack simulation training platform -- which is available. The CASTaaS platform is available through the IT channel in North America.
5. Talent - Email Security: Agari has launched a partner program and named Mandeep Khera as head of worldwide channel marketing, and Tracy Pallas as head of worldwide channel sales.
4. Office 365 Security: Continuum unveiled configuration management and threat monitoring for Office 365 at the Navigate 2018 conference in Boston. The new monitoring capabilities can quickly identify suspicious behaviors, and through investigation via Continuum’s Security Operations Center (SOC), identify and remediate compromised accounts, the company asserts. On a related note, Continuum Security is now available to European service providers with full GDPR support.
3. Partnership - EY and Microsoft: EY and Microsoft have expanded an alliance to develop, integrate and bring to market enhanced cyber defense solutions. EY's Cybersecurity-as-a Service leverages Microsoft's Threat Protection solutions, which include Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection and Azure Security Center.
2. Managed Healthcare Security Services: XentIT, an MSSP and security consulting firm, has built the Healthcare Cloud Security Stack (HCSS) for Microsoft Azure. The solution provides a unified dashboard that combines vulnerability information from Qualys and protection capabilities from Trend Micro.
1. SOCs for MSPs?: Do MSPs need to build their own SOCs (security operations centers)? Here are some views from Continuum CEO Michael George, Webroot CEO Mike Potts and Thoma Bravo's David Murphy. The trio spoke on an CEO panel yesterday at the Continuum Navigate 2018 conference in Boston.