Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, May 28.
A. Today's MSSP Alerts
2. Hacking Leads to Bankruptcy: Cryptopia has filed for U.S. bankruptcy protection after hackers broke into the cryptocurrency exchange earlier this year and stole over $16 million, Bloomberg says.
3. Data Breach Investigation: One of the US’s most widely used vehicle license plate reader (LPR) companies, Perceptics, is reportedly investigating a data breach after news site The Register was sent files stolen from it last week, Naked Security reports.
4. Data Leak - Financial Services: First America Financial Corp., a US-based title insurance company, left more than 885 million property transaction records exposed on the web. The information included names, mailing addresses, home addresses, Social Security numbers, drivers' license images, bank account numbers and mortgage and tax records of presumably tens or hundreds of millions of real-estate buyers and sellers, according to Tom's Guide. Krebs on Security broke the story.
6. New York Cyber Cops: New York has increased its effort to enforce cybersecurity by creating a new unit designed to combat cybercrime and protect individuals’ sensitive data from attacks, JD Supra reports.
7. Talent: CIA and Department of Defense veteran Jeremy Bash has joined deepwatch's board of directors.
8. IAM & PAM: Aporeto has launched Cloud Privileged Access Management (PAM) for infrastructure and Identity-Aware Proxy for modern applications. When implemented along with Aporeto’s Distributed Firewall, the overall solution offers Zero Trust security to customers.
9. PC Security: HP Inc. is working with Israeli cybersecurity firm Deep Instinct to launch HP Sure Sense to prevent advanced cyber attacks. The deal could be worth more than $150 million over the next few years, sources told Reuters.
10. Threat & Log Analysis Service: Security On-Demand Inc. (SOD) ThreatWatch Version 5.1 is now available. Designed for MSPs and cloud providers, the service now integrates with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Office 365 and various Internet of Things (IOT) use cases. A user portal allows service provides and customers to drill into user and asset activity via a timeline analysis that provides details of logs, alerts, and associated events of interest, the company says.
11. Funding Competition - SOAR: CybernetIQ, a SOAR specialist, will seek funding on June 11 at AccelerateOTT -- an Ottawa-based innovation conference. Six startups are competing for a $150,000 cash prize.
B. Cybersecurity & MSSP Partner Programs
2. Updates Welcome: Got something to share? Send me your partner program updates – [email protected].
3. All Partner Programs: Visit the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database to see and search through hundreds of partner programs.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.