Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, March 29, 2018:
11. Ransomware Attack: Boeing got hit yesterday but it sounds like the damage was limited.
10. BlackBerry Rebound: BlackBerry's shift from smartphone hardware to security software is accelerating, and CEO John Chen says a potential M&A deal is brewing for later this year. It sounds like BlackBerry is back in buyer mode...
9. M&A - Endpoint Security: VMware has acquired E8 Security. The move will bolster VMware's Workspace ONE security across devices, users and apps, the company claims.
8. M&A - MSSPs: Here's a closer look at a key M&A deal involving MSSPs that partner with Palo Alto Networks and F5 Networks.
7. Business Launch: Aella Data, an AI-driven cybersecurity startup, has emerged from stealth mode and launched Starlight Pervasive Breach Detection System (PBDS). The software extends across networks to unify collected data, conduct advanced analysis, and deliver actionable alerts, the company claims. Moreover, Aella Data reduces detection time "from months to mere minutes, and alert volume from thousands to the critical few," Aella asserts. Company founders previously held key posts at Aerohive, Barracuda Networks, Forninet, Juniper Networks and NetScreen, among others.
5. Partner Ecosystem: Carbon Black has unveiled the Carbon Black Integration Network (CbIN), a technology partner program designed to improve cybersecurity through collective defense. Launch partners include Juniper Networks, LogRhythm, and Phantom -- each of which leverage Carbon Black’s APIs to build productized integration with the company's Predictive Security Cloud (PSC).
4. Partnership: Pulse Secure and Fortinet have integrated Pulse Policy Secure network access control (NAC) with Fortinet's FortiGate enterprise firewall and the Fortinet Security Fabric. The bi-directional integration offers sharing security context to reduce network exposures and speed cyber threat response times, the companies say.
2. Managed Endpoint Protection: Unisy, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has launched an Advanced Endpoint Protection solution. The offering blends Unisys consulting and managed security services as well as Cylance advanced threat prevention technology, the company says.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our Top 100 MSSPs Survey for 2018 is now open. Participate now and your company could be recognized and ranked among the world’s top MSSPs when we unveil research, results and the complete list in September.