Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
11. Policy Management: AlgoSec Security Management Solution version 2018.1 has surfaced. It features new automation capabilities that enable end-to-end, zero-touch security policy change management for cloud security controls and Software-Defined Networks (SDN), the company asserts. More than 1,800 enterprises, including 20 of the Fortune 50, leverage AlgoSec.
10. DHS Cyber Hub: The Department of Homeland Security has created a National Risk Management Center aimed at guarding the nation’s banks, energy companies and other industries from major cyberattacks that could cripple critical infrastructure, The Wall Street Journal reports. More details about the center should surface today.
8. Chatbots: IBM is adding voice and text chatbot capabilities to MaaS360, the company's unified endpoint management and security platform.
5. Phishing Defenses & SOAR: Cofense, a provider of phishing defense solutions, has launched a Phishing-Specific Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) platform. It combines Cofense Triage with a new product, Cofense Vision to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of phishing incident response efforts, the company says.
4. Phishing Defenses & Documents: Endgame has enhanced its endpoint protection platform to mitigate document-based phishing attacks.
3. Momentum - Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4, which specializes in security awareness training and a simulated phishing platform, is the second fastest growing private business in the Tampa Bay region, according to a recent Fast 50 honor from The Tampa Bay Business Journal.
2. Managed Security Services: TPx has launched multiple managed security services -- including Managed Firewalls for advanced network security; Managed Endpoints for increased workstation and server performance and protection; and Managed Backups for hybrid Backup and Disaster Recovery (DR) capabilities.