Claranet, a UK-based managed service provider (MSP), has purchased ethical hacking training and penetration testing company NotSoSecure for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition comes after Claranet acquired Internet security provider SEC-1 last year.
The NotSoSecure acquisition enables Claranet to offer ethical hacking training and penetration testing services to its customers, according to a prepared statement. In addition, NotSoSecure's leaders will maintain their positions and continue to serve the company's customers.
What Is NotSoSecure?
NotSoSecure specializes in penetration testing for networks and web and mobile applications. It is one of the largest suppliers of ethical hacking training and has teams in the UK, San Francisco, California and India.
With NotSoSecure, cybersecurity professionals can access lab-based hacking training classes designed for those who require various industry certifications. NotSoSecure also offers penetration testing tutorials to those who perform infrastructure and web application evaluations.
NotSoSecure works with partners to deliver cybersecurity training to organizations worldwide. Going forward, NotSoSecure is focused on growing its U.S. operations and expanding its footprint in Australia and Asia, the company indicated.
Claranet: Here's What You Need to Know
Founded in 1996, Claranet has over 6,500 customers and more than 2,000 employees based in 24 offices and 43 data centers across seven European countries and Brazil. It has recorded more than £325 million (approximately $433 million) in revenue and supports customers across all industries.
Claranet offers a variety of security services, such as:
- Cloud Security: Assesses, detects and blocks workload threats and provides infrastructure, application security and compliance support.
- Email Security and Encryption: Filters unwanted messages and protects mailboxes against email-based viruses, malware, spam, phishing, targeted attacks and bulk email.
- Managed Firewall Services: Offer unified threat management and insights to protect networks against cyber threats.
- Security Compliance: Ensures businesses can prevent cyber threats and data breaches, meet regulatory compliance and govern their security operations.
- Web Security: Safeguards businesses against web-based threats and provides monitoring and enforcement of web-acceptable use policies.
Claranet also provides hosting, security, networks and communications managed and consulting services. Furthermore, Claranet has been recognized as a Leader in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant for Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting, Europe" every year from 2013 to 2017 and was named a Leader in Gartner's 2018 "Magic Quadrant for Data Centre Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services, Europe."