Cerberus Cyber Sentinel, an MSSP and managed compliance services provider, has purchased application security and incident response company CyberViking for an undisclosed sum.
This is technology M&A deal number 598 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
Cerberus, founded in 2019, is based in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company has 163 employees listed on LinkedIn. Cerberus' areas of expertise include security, compliance, risk mitigation, breach and incident response, CISO-as-a-service (CISOaaS) and data protection.
CyberViking, founded in 2019, is based in Georgia and Oregon. The company is not currently listed on LinkedIn. CyberViking's areas of expertise include application security, incident response, threat hunting and security operations center (SOC) management.
What Does the Acquisition Mean for Cerberus?
CyberViking will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Cerberus. It will help Cerberus take the next step in its international growth, says CEO David Jemmett.
In addition, CyberViking expands Cerberus' cybersecurity services portfolio. It also will provide cybersecurity healthcare and industrial controls systems expertise to Cerberus customers.
Cerberus Continues to Buy Cybersecurity Companies
The CyberViking acquisition comes after Cerberus completed the following cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions dating back to July 2020:
- June 2022. Creatix, a cybersecurity and information technology company based in Tennessee and Maryland.
- January 2022. True Digital Security, a cybersecurity operations and compliance company with offices in New York, Florida, and Oklahoma. This deal involved stock and $6.2 million in cash.
- December 2021. Chilean cybersecurity services provider Arkavia Networks SPA.
- October 2021. Risk management company Red74.
- June 2021. Ground Control IT, a help desk and managed IT services provider.
- December 2020. Alpine Security, a provider of penetration testing and risk management services.
- September 2020. Clear Skies Security, a cybersecurity assessment firm.
- August 2020. Outsourced IT services provider Technologyville.
- July 2020. Merged with TalaTek.
Cerberus said it is "rapidly expanding by acquiring world-class cybersecurity, secured managed services and compliance companies." In doing so, Cerberus can help businesses and government organizations combat cyber threats and comply with data security regulations.