OffSec (formerly Offensive Security), a cybersecurity workforce development and learning specialist, has updated its Global Partner Program to help MSSPs and technology distributors "address the ever-growing demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals," the company announced.
OffSec originally launched its Global Partner Program in April 2022, offering three program partner levels were available:
- Channel level consists of MSSPs, technology distributors and value-added resellers (VARs) that offer OffSec training courses.
- Learning level includes organizations that provide live, authorized instructor-led courses in bootcamp or continuing education settings for those that want to enter into or advance in cybersecurity; and
- Education level encompasses colleges and universities that teach and provide OffSec materials to students that intend to enter the information security field.
Along with these levels, OffSec has added three new ones to its partner program:
- Government level enables government resellers, learning partners and contractors to deliver OffSec solutions and live training to government agencies and institutions.
- Alliance level includes partners that provide OffSec training to global financial and consulting organizations.
- Strategic Accounts level gives OffSec's large global enterprise customers the opportunity to join its partner program and receive exclusive benefits and incentives.
New Features Available to OffSec Partners
In addition to three new partner levels, OffSec has announced new partner program features, including:
- A new partner locator tool helps partners find potential customers based on their needs and location.
- On-demand sales training teaches partners how to promote and sell OffSec's solutions.
- Support from a large team of professionals provide personalized assistance, guidance and technical assistance.
- Market development funds (MDF) can be used for partners' marketing activities and initiatives.
Sean Donnelly, OffSec's head of channel and partnerships, commented on his company's enhanced partner program:
"With the launch of our enhanced partner program, we strive to utilize all avenues of our partner ecosystem to reach the learners that endeavor to be part of the community to combat cybersecurity threats."
To date, at least 12 organizations have joined OffSec's partner program since its launch, the company indicated.
OffSec Rebrands, Affirms Commitment to the Cybersecurity Community
Previously, OffSec in March 2023 refreshed its brand by:
- Shortening its name from Offensive Security to OffSec
- Unveiling a new brand logo and colors
- Announcing a new tagline ("The Path to a Secure Future")
- Creating a new website address
OffSec remains committed to expanding its cybersecurity content and learning paths, CMO Scott Ablin said. The company continues to look for ways to prepare people for careers in cybersecurity and help organizations to combat current and future threats.
A Closer Look at OffSec
OffSec provides professional and workforce development, training and education for cybersecurity personnel, the company indicated. It offers hands-on training and certification programs, virtual labs and open-source projects to help these personnel get cybersecurity jobs or protect their organizations against cyberattacks.
Meanwhile, OffSec's learning library includes nearly 5,700 hours of written content and 1,515 videos. OffSec also looks poised to further expand this library.