Proofpoint has announced its Information Protection and Cloud Security Platform to help organizations guard against cyber threats, data loss and compliance risks, according to a prepared statement.
The Information Protection and Cloud Security Platform offers the following capabilities:
- Cloud application security broker (CASB)
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Insider threat management
- Remote browser isolation
- Zero Trust Network access
- Web security
Along with the aforementioned capabilities, the platform includes managed transition services to help organizations replace or upgrade their legacy DLP products, Proofpoint noted. These services provide organizations with access to a partner to handle DLP product migration and decommissioning.
Proofpoint Updates Its Threat Protection Platform
In addition to launching its Information Protection and Cloud Security Platform, Proofpoint has announced the following Threat Protection Platform updates:
- Advanced BEC Defense, Powered by Supernova: Uses the Supernova threat detection platform to help organizations stop business email compromise (BEC) scams.
- Platform Packages: Protect organizations against email and cloud threats, including ransomware, credential phishing and BEC attacks.
- Security Awareness Training CISO Dashboard: Provides visibility into security awareness training program performance and peer industry comparisons; the dashboard is expected to be available in the third quarter of 2021.
Furthermore, Proofpoint has unveiled the Content Capture solution for its Compliance Platform. Content Capture offers digest-based data collection and storage to help organizations address data volume growth trends, the company stated.
Proofpoint also unveiled NexusAI for Compliance machine learning module in May 2021. Organizations can use NexusAI to solve compliance-related challenges and identify compliance violations, Proofpoint noted.
Thoma Bravo Announces Agreement to Buy Proofpoint
Private equity firm Thoma Bravo in April 2021 announced an agreement to purchase Proofpoint for $12.3 billion. The agreement includes a 45-day "go-shop" period that allows Proofpoint to pursue alternative acquisition proposals from other potential suitors until June 9, 2021.
Proofpoint delivers cloud-based solutions that help organizations stop targeted threats and safeguard their data against cyberattacks. It also provides a partner program for MSPs and systems integrators.