Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
But this week, we’re blogging live from RSA Conference 2019 in San Francisco. Several of the updates below surfaced at the massive security event.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, March 8, 2019.
9. Termite & Earthworm Attacks: AT&T Cybersecurity's Alien Labs team describes emerging Termite and Earthworm cyberattacks here.
8. College Database Breaches: Hackers breached three U.S. colleges in recent days and demanded thousands of dollars in ransom from prospective students for personal information they claimed to have stolen, The Wall Street Journal reports. The schools include Oberlin College in Ohio, Grinnell College in Iowa and Hamilton College in New York. All three use a system called Slate from Technolutions to track information about students who have applied for admission, the report says.
7. Identity & Access Management (IAM): Accenture, a Top 100 MSSP, has introduced digital identity and access management (IAM) capabilities to help organizations reduce the risk and costs associated with the over-provisioning of accounts tied to a user's identity.
6. M&A - IAM: Okta is acquiring Seattle’s Azuqua for $52.5 million in cash. The deal unites Okta's identity management capabilities with Azuqua's no-code, cloud-based business application integration and workflow automation.
5. Risk Management: PwC Australia and RiskLens are partnering to bring PwC Australia clientele a suite of risk quantification services leveraging the RiskLens software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform. PwC is a Top 100 MSSP.
4. Research: The latest Sophos research results are summarized in these 7 Uncomfortable Truths of Endpoint Security.
3. NIST Privacy Framework: It appears to be catching on.
2. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.
1. Thank You: To the two-dozen technology companies and market experts that met with MSSP Alert during RSA Conference 2019 in San Francisco. Our complete ongoing coverage is here.