Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP - Supply Chain Security Service: Trustwave, a Top 250 MSSP, has launched a cyber supply chain risk assessment solution for enterprises and SMBs in the Pacific region. The service is called the Managed Vendor Risk Assessment (MVRA).
2. eXtended Detection and Response: SentinelOne has unveiled SentinelOne Storyline Active Response (STAR), its cloud-based automated hunting, detection, and response engine. "STAR empowers security teams to create custom detection and response rules and deploy them in real time to the entire network or desired subset, to proactively detect and respond to threats," the compan says.
3. Cloud Security Posture Management: In separate announcements, Arctic Wolf and Datadog both announced new cloud security posture management (CSPM) capabilities to help partners and customers detect and fix misconfigured cloud services.
4. K-12 Cyber Learning Standards: Cyber.org has released the nation’s first voluntary K-12 cybersecurity learning standards for schools and districts around the country. Cyber.org is funded by U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Cybersecurity and Information Security Agency (CISA).
5. Another Italy Cyberattack: Italian renewable energy group ERG said a cybersecurity breach had caused only minor disruption to its information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure, adding all its plants were working properly, Reuters reports.The attack surfaced a few days after hackers launched a ransomware attack against Italy's Covid-19 vaccination scheduling platform.
6. Hackers Target Red Team Software: SentinelOne has seen numerous attacks involving Cobalt Strike Beacons across its customer base, the endpoint detection and response (EDR) security software company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Alliances and Integrations
1. Channel Chief & Leadership- Autonomous Breach Detection: Cynet has named Daniel Klein to chief business officer and Datto veteran Mark Eaton as VP of sales, North America. The appointments reinforce Cynet's expansion into the U.S. market. The company’s North American headquarters is in Boston, Massachusetts.
2. Integration - Vulnerability Management: DeepSurface, a risk-based vulnerability management platform, now integrates with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. The benefits: DeepSurface can now automatically ingest reports provided by Microsoft Defender for Endpoint of vulnerabilities, missing patches, and misconfigurations across Microsoft, Linux and Mac hosts, the company says. DeepSurface then automatically analyzes and prioritizes vulnerabilities based on potential risk to the business, the company adds.
3. Integration - Microsoft Azure Sentinel: IronNet Cybersecurity has expanded support for detecting and preventing cyberattacks in Microsoft Azure, the company says. The strategy involves a bi-directional integration between IronNet’s network detection and response (NDR) solution, IronDefense, and Microsoft Azure Sentinel (SIEM). The result: Customers can create investigations and/or response workflows within Azure Sentinel on threats targeting Azure infrastructure, IronNet asserts.
4. Integration - SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response): Cyware has integrated its Cyber Fusion platform into Ivanti Neurons for ITSM, ITAM and UEM solutions. The goal: Orchestrate and enhance the "discovery, management, protection, and services required for enterprises to eliminate costly, manual processes, to automate IT Ops and SecOps workflows seamlessly for enterprise teams," Cyware says. Moreover, Cyware has joined the IvantiOne Partner Program.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar