Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Ransomware Attack Closes More Schools: City schools in Huntsville, Alabama were closed on Tuesday because of a "potential cybersecurity threat." The district asked users not to log onto the school's IT systems. The announcement comes as Baltimore County Public Schools in Maryland also closed following a ransomware attack.
2. Funding - Managed Detection and Response (MDR): GoSecure has raised $35 million in Series E funding. Key investors include W Investments Group and Yaletown Partners.
4. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Bitdefender has launched a cloud-based dedicated Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solution for enterprise customers and MSPs.
5. Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): DFLabs IncMan SOAR will be available both on-premise and as a cloud package starting in Q1 of 2021.
6. SASE: NetMotion has launched a new secure access service edge (SASE) platform as a cloud-hosted offering.
7. Research - 2020 and 2021 Cyber Threats: The annual Acronis Cyberthreats Report has surfaced here.
8. Talent - Security Operations Centers (SOC): Cysiv, a SOC-as-a-Service (SOCaaS) specialist, has named Trend Micro veteran David Roth as chief operations officer, and Zimperium veteran Kathleen Thomas as chief financial officer.
9. Talent - RSA: Reed Taussig has joined RSA as CEO of the RSA Anti-Fraud Business Unit. He most recently was an operating executive at Marlin Equity Partners. Earlier, Taussig was CEO of ThreatMetrix.
10. Talent - Network Security: iboss has hired Forescout veteran Matt Hartley as chief revenue officer.
11. Talent - Multiple Updates: Keeper Security has hired Mark Cravotta as chief revenue officer, and Ash Gupta is now VP of product management. The moves surface after private equity firm Insight Partners invested $60 million in August. Insight also owns Kaseya.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Cybersecurity Alliances
1. Partner Program - Security Operations: Stellar Cyber has introduced an MSSP Jumpstart Program. Partners gain an AI-powered platform to deliver differentiated MDR and SOC services, while increasing operational efficiency and significantly reducing operating costs, the company says. Brian Stoner, vice president Service Providers at Stellar Cyber, is leading the effort. We'll share more details soon.
2. Partnership - Master MSSP: Ascend Technologies, which recently acquired Infogressive Cybersecurity, is leveraging Netsurion's EventTracker managed threat protection platform. Ascend and Netsurion both are Top 250 MSSPs for 2020, according to MSSP Alert research.
3. Partnership - Patch Management as a Service: Cambridge Technology and JetPatch have launched Patch Management as a Service (PMaaS). The effort combines Cambridge Technology's business & technology services expertise and JetPatch's Intelligent vulnerability remediation and patch automation platform.
5. SIEM - Google Cloud Marketplace: Fishtech CYDERES's managed security services and Cloud Native Analytics Platform SIEM solution are both available on the Google Cloud Marketplace. The offerings allow customers to detect and response to information security threats, while gaining "cost-effective storage and analytics of security data," Fishtech CYDERES says.
6. Community - Phishing Mitigation & Zendesl: Cofense has introduced a new Cofense Resource Center -- formerly known as Community. The overhauled resource hub features a new interface, an integration with Zendesk ticketing, and new capabilities to enhance the user experience.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Siemplify SOCstock (December 3, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar