Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Alert Management Software: ReaQta has launched ReaQta-Hive 3.6. The autonomous detection and response software, designed for MSSPs, now features an autonomous alert management system called Cyber Assistant.
2. Multi-Cloud Security: Bridgecrew by Prisma Cloud -- from Palo Alto Networks -- now supports Multi-Cloud Drift Detection. MSSPs and customers can now identify and flag discrepancies between how cloud resources were defined in infrastructure as code (IaC) and how they are currently configured in runtime. With misconfigurations a leading cause of cloud breaches, Drift Detection helps improve cloud security posture and enables teams to effectively manage IT infrastructure (GitOps), Palo Alto asserts. Drift Detection supports Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. Palo Alto Networks acquired Bridgecrew in early 2021.
4. Leadership: SANS Technology Institute has named Ed Skoudis the new president of the college. Skoudis is founder of the SANS Institute's Penetration Testing Curriculum and creator of SANS NetWars, CyberCity, and the Holiday Hack Challenge.
5. Funding - SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response): D3 Security has raised $10 million and plans to more deeply engagement MSSP and MDR (managed detection and response) partners.
6. Channel Chief - SIEM (Security Information and Event Management): Exabeam has has hired James Anderson as area VP for EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) channels. Anderson is responsible for driving Exabeam’s EMEA channel strategy — spanning MSSPs, systems integrators (SI) and valued added reseller (VAR) partners.
7. M&A - SIEM and SOAR: LogPoint, a security information and event management (SIEM) platform provider for MSSPs and security operations centers (SOCs), has acquired SecBI for such capabilities as SOAR, automated cyber threat detection and response. The goal: LogPoint’s MSSP partners and customers will be able to automate tasks, orchestrate threat remediation workflows and investigate, prioritize and execute incident response playbooks, the company says.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar