Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Microsoft Deepfake Detector: Microsoft has unveiled new programs and technologies to protect elections and content from digital fraud. Details are here.
2. CrowdStrike CEO: George Kurtz describes key partnerships and CrowdStrike's online store strategy.
3. CrowdStrike Earnings: Revenue at the endpoint protection software provider was $199 million in Q2 of fiscal 2021, up 84 percent compared to Q2 of fiscal 2020. GAAP net loss was $29.9 million, compared to $51.9 million in Q1 of fiscal 2020. The results generally beat Wall Street's expectations. Still, CrowdStrike's stock ($CRWD) fell about 7 percent in pre-market trading amid concerns about lofty valuation.
4. RSA Buyout: The deal is now completed.
5. Threat Intelligence and Biometric Security: iProov has launched a global threat intelligence system for biometric assurance. The iProov Security Operations Centre (iSOC) combines technology, process and people to monitor and manage biometric cyber-crime. the company says. The solution protects organizations and individuals against AI-driven cyber-attacks, including deepfakes, iProov asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar