Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Security Research: FireEye's latest findings are explained here.
2. SAP Discloses Security Lapses: Details are here. The issues involved SuccessFactors and Concur.
3. Funding: Orca Security, founded by Check Point Software Technologies executives, has raised $20 million in Series A funding led by GGV Capital with participation from YL Ventures and SVCI (Silicon Valley CISO Investments). The company focuses on cloud security for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
4. Data Protection & Cybersecurity Suite: Acronis has launched Acronis Cyber Protect, a cyber protection solution that integrates backup, disaster recovery, next-gen anti-malware, cybersecurity, and endpoint management tools into one service that MSPs can manage on behalf of customers.
5. Private Networking: DigitalOcean is promoting a new Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) effort to help businesses further secure their applications.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar