Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Logicalis, the international IT solutions provider and MSP, has joined MISA -- an ecosystem of independent software vendors and MSSPs that have integrated their security solutions.
2. Network Detection and Response: ExtraHop has expanded its Reveal(x) Advisor services. The new offerings provide threat detection and hunting services alongside network assurance analysis, the company says.
3. Ransomware Attack Mitigation: Egnyte has announced new offerings to help partners and customers defend against ransomware attacks.
4. Ransomware Attacks Media & Marketplace Company: Industry publication giant Sandhills Global has suffered a ransomware attack, causing hosted websites to become inaccessible and disrupting their business operations, BleepingComputer reported.
6. Channel Chief: Malwarebytes has hired VMware and Carbon Black veteran Amy Appleyard as senior vice president of global sales.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 6, 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar