Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - Identity and Access Management: Ping Identity has acquired ShoCard, which allows users to collect and store personal identity information on their phone and then unlock and share that information using facial or fingerprint biometrics. The technology will be integrated into the Ping Platform and made available to all Ping customers as a new model for privacy and customer engagement, the buyer says. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
2. Integration - Microsoft Azure Sentinel: Alcide, a Kubernetes security specialist, has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA) for their integration with Azure Sentinel. Alcide’s SaaS solutions for Kubernetes security is already available on the Microsoft Azure marketplace and now brings Azure Kubernetes security alerts to Azure Sentinel, the company says.
3. Integration: Mimecast has released Mimecast for Rapid7 InsightIDR. The new integration will allow customers to "detect, respond to, and remediate incidents faster and strengthen cyber resilience," the companies say. An earlier integration between the companies has attracted more than 100 customers.
4. Integration - Incident Response Management: BlackBerry and ServiceNow have partnered to integrate the BlackBerry AtHoc service within the Now platform. The net result for partners is a simplified approach to rapid crisis communications and IT service management, the companies say.
5. Partnership - MSSP: NTT Ltd. has been named as the first Global Infinity Partner for Check Point Software Technologies. In addition, NTT is the first managed security services provider to obtain a five star status in all countries where NTT and Check Point operate, the companies say.
6. Partner Program - Identity and Access Management: Okta has unveiled Customer Identity and Okta Access Gateway Specializations within the Okta Partner Connect partner program. The partner ecosystem has grown 400 percent in the last two years, though the company did not disclose actual revenue figures for the program.
7. Talent - SASE: WhiteHat Security and SentinelOne veteran Robert Cariddi has joined cybersecurity startup Acreto as chief revenue officer. Cariddi also is an early-stage investor in the business. Acreto develops Acreto SASE+, a cloud-delivered secure access service edge platform that can "connect and protect any technology, on any network, anywhere," the startup asserts.
8. Talent - CISO & Data Loss Prevention: Digital Guardian has launched Tim Bandos as chief information security officer (CISO). Earlier, Bandos was director of cybersecurity for Dupont where he was responsible for overseeing internal controls, incident response and threat intelligence.
9. Hackers and Fake News: A new BlackBerry research report, titled BAHAMUT: Hack-for-Hire Masters of Phishing, Fake News, and Fake Apps, provides "new insights into the group, and shows how it deployed a vast array of sophisticated disinformation campaigns," the company says.
10. Security Awareness Training: ESET has launched ESET Cybersecurity Awareness Training, a new online offering designed to educate the workforce on how to recognize phishing, avoid scams and understand internet best practices, the company says.
11. SecOps Research: How can security teams and operations teams more effectively interact to safeguard business assets and mitigate risk? This SolarWinds and IDC research shares some guidance.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 USA (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar