Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Azure Cloud - MSP: Deutsche Telekom is now offering managed network services for Microsoft Azure. The services span virtual WAN, private Azure connections & managed security for firewalls and DDoS attack mitigations.
2. Small Business Cybersecurity Sales: Cisco Systems describes a new sales motion for small business cybersecurity partners here.
3. Work From Home - Remote PC Security; Dell offered these updates.
4. Office 365 & Teams Security for MSSPs: Nucleus Cyber, a data-centric security company, now offers NC Protect to MSSPs. The service helps to enforce Microsoft Office 365 and Teams compliance and security, NC Protect says.
5. Ransomware Attack - Gambling Outage: Almost two weeks after sports betting and lottery provider SBTech was hit by a cyberattack that forced it to shut down its global data centers, several US-regulated online gambling sites remain out of action, Casino.org reports.
6. Partner Program - Android & IoS Mobile Security: Appdome has joined Check Point Software Technologies' OPSEC Technology Partner Program. Appdome is also introducing Appdome for SandBlast App Protect, a no-code solution that allows organizations to build Check Point's mobile threat defense service into Android and iOS apps and combine it with Appdome app-level security.
8. Secure Browser: Avast has released an Android version of Avast Secure Browser to extend its platform support beyond Windows and Mac on desktop to mobile.
9. Funding: Bugcrowd, a crowdsourced security provider, has raised $30 million in series D funding, bringing the company’s total funding to over $80 million. Rally Ventures led the round.
10. U.S. vs China Telecom: A group of U.S. security agencies is urging the FCC to revoke China Telecom’s permission to operate in the country, Bloomberg reports. China Telecom denies the security concerns raised by the agencies.
11. Layoffs - Privacy Startup: OneTrust, a privacy, security and third-party risk technology platform, has laid off 10 percent to 15 percent of its global workforce, AtlantaInno reports. As of February 2020, OneTrust had 1,500 employees across 10 offices around the world, the report said.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar