Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Ransomware Detection - Microsoft Azure Sentinel: Microsoft has announced Fusion detection for ransomware, which allows Azure Sentinel to detect early stage ransomware activity. Azure Sentinel is Microsoft's cloud-based SIEM (security information and event management) software platform.
3. Partnership - Managed Cybersecurity Services: Network detection and response (NDR) company IronNet and Mandiant are partnering to "provide best-in-breed managed cyber defense capabilities to companies and government agencies of all sizes across the globe.
4. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Cloud-native analytics company Uptycs has announced Uptycs Protect, which adds new blocking and remediation capabilities for the XDR offering.
5. Privileged Access Management (PAM): Fudo Security has released Fudo Five, a suite of PAM services that includes just-in-time access, auto-discovery, and system health checks, the company says.
6. M&A - Consumer Anti-Virus Software: The rumors are true. U.S. cybersecurity company NortonLifeLock has agreed to buy London-listed rival Avast Plc for up to $8.6 billion in cash and shares to create a giant consumer security software business, Reuters reports.
7. Hackers Steal $600 Million: A cryptocurrency platform has lost an estimated $600 million in digital tokens after one of the sector's biggest ever hacking attacks. Poly Network, a decentralized finance platform (DeFi), announced the hack on Twitter and posted details of digital wallets to which it said the money was transferred, urging people to blacklist tokens from those addresses, Reuters reports.
8. Alleged Voting System Security Breach: The Colorado secretary of state is investigating a potential security breach related to Mesa County’s voting system, Secretary Jena Griswold announced, according to Colorado Newsline. The release says the breach did not occur during an election and “has not created an imminent direct security risk to Colorado elections," Colorado Newsline added.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual Event)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar