Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Live Blog – ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2022 News: Find our coverage here.
2. Thales Data Breach: Hacker group LockBit 3.0 has allegedly stolen data from French technology giant Thales and released the data on the dark web, Reuters and local media reports in France said.
3. ServiceNow and Data Governance: Data governance software provider Spirion has a new ServiceNow integration. The connection sends Spirion data discovery and regulatory compliance findings into privacy incident tickets in the ServiceNow ITSM platform.
4. Talent - Unified Cyber Risk Management: Ostrich Cyber-Risk has hired Yiannis Vassiliades as chief product officer.
5. Partner Program: The OpenVPN Cloud now has multi-tenancy for MSPs.
6. Research - Supply Chain Risk Management: BlueVoyant's research findings are here.
7. Platform Enhancements: Blackpoint Cyber's security platform now supports:
- Security Configuration Benchmarks for Microsoft 365. The capability includes vulnerability mapping to CIS benchmarks for cloud environments.
- Managed Defender for Endpoint vulnerability reporting.
- MDR for Apple macOS.
8. Identity and Access Management: Okta this week introduced Unified Identity Platform; Customer Identity Cloud Platform; new Anti-Phishing capabilities; and partnerships with such Dev platforms as Digital Ocean, Netlify, and Vercel.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)