Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - SOAR: Fortinet has acquired CyberSponse, a provider of Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) technology.
2. M&A - Network Access Control: OPSWAT has acquired Impulse for network access control (NAC) technology.
3. New Ransomware: It's called Zeppelin. The Russian ransomware is targeting high-profile users in the U.S. and Europe, Cylance reports.
4. DDoS Mitigation: DOSarrest has delivered new mitigation capabilities for DDoS attacks. Check out the company's Data Center Defender (DCD) platform for details.
5. MDR - Financial Services: Cutter, a financial services firm, has embraced ControlScan for 24x7 threat detection and response (MDR) as a managed security service.
7. Threat Intelligence: A new FireEye Cyber Physical Threat Intelligence subscription service provides context, data and actionable analysis on threats to cyber physical systems, including operational technology (OT), industrial control systems (ICS), Internet of Things (IoT) and other equipment, the company says.
8. Autonomous Detection and Response: Confluera 1.0 is now generally available. The Autonomous Detection & Response platform allows partners and customers to "deterministically detect and stop attackers navigating your infrastructure," the company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
3. Partner Program - IIoT Security: CyberX, an IoT and industrial control system (ICS) security company, has launched the XCELERATE channel partner program.
4. IIoT Security: Pulse Secure and Nozomi Networks are partnering to promote zero trust protection for industrial IoT, ICS and OT technologies. The joint solution extends the discovery and classification across a range of IIoT devices, the companies say.
5. Endpoint Security - Netskope and Dell: Netskope is now a part of Dell’s Endpoint Security portfolio. Netskope’s platform is cloud-native and cloud-delivered, making administration simple and scalable, the company asserts.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Gartner Identity and Access Management (IAM) Conference (December 10-12, Las Vegas)
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.