Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. IPO - Cybersecurity Awareness Training: KnowBe4's updated IPO plan & target valuation details have surfaced.
2. IPO - Darktrace: Potential details are here.
3. Funding - Attack Surface Management: Intrigue has announced a $2 million seed round led by LiveOak Venture Partners. The seed funding will also support the security and developer communities contributing to Intrigue Core, an open source asset discovery project that serves as the backbone of Intrigue’s enterprise solutions.
6. VIPRE Security Suites: The cybersecurity software provider is promoting three suites to partners and customers, VIPRE says. They are:
- Core Defense, which includes Endpoint Security, Web Access Control and Business Cloud VPN, and VIPRE Security Awareness Training Core.
- Edge Defense, which includes additional elements, such as Advanced Threat Protection and SafeSend DLP.
- Complete Defense, which can also encrypt, scan, and validate email contents and recipients, but also enforce acceptable use policies to reduce complaints and legal threats, the company says.
7. Integrations - Network Security: Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise has announced security integrations for Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform). New integrations include ClearPass Policy Manager secure network access control platform with the Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN edge platform (formerly Silver Peak); the integration of Aruba Threat Defense with the EdgeConnect platform; and the expansion of the Aruba ESP multivendor security partner ecosystem, the company says.
8. Government Security: The Government of Canada has selected BlackBerry for various security and productivity capabilities. Specifically, Shared Services Canada (SSC) signed a multi-year agreement giving public servants across the Government of Canada access to BlackBerry Spark unified endpoint management (UEM) and BlackBerry SecuSUITE.
9. SOAR - Asia Pacific: Swimlane's Asia Pacific business grew 500 percent in 2020 vs. 2019, and the SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) software provider expects APAC business to grow an additional 300 percent in 2021. Actual revenue figures, in dollars, were not disclosed. The 2020 growth included 11 new APAC customers.
10. Talent - Data Protection: Cohesity has hired Splunk veteran Brian Spanswick as chief information security officer (CISO).
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar