Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A - SOC for MSPs: Barracuda Networks, backed by private equity firm Thoma Bravo, has completed the Skout Cybersecurity acquisition. Skout develops SOC and XDR services that allow MSPs to protect end-customer systems. Barracuda announced the Skout Cybersecurity acquisition less than one month ago. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. Funding - SOC Services: Arctic Wolf has raised $150 million in Series F funding at a $4.3 billion valuation. Viking Global Investors, Owl Rock, a division of Blue Owl Capital, and other existing investors participated in the round.
3. Expansion - Cloud SIEM (Security Information and Event Management): Sumo Logic's Cloud SIEM is now available in Tokyo. Also, the company named Hiroaki Kawamura, as the new country manager for Sumo Logic Japan K.K.
4. Threat Intelligence: ThreatQuotient has unveiled ThreatQ Data Exchange, which "makes it simple to set up bidirectional sharing of any and all intelligence data within the ThreatQ platform and scale sharing across multiple teams and organizations of all sizes," the company says.
5. Hackers Target ForgeRock Access Management: Hackers are actively exploiting a pre-authorization remote code execution vulnerability (CVE-2021-35464) in ForgeRock Access Management—a commercial open access management solution that is based on OpenAM, an open-source access management solution, the CISA warns.
6. U.S. Cybersecurity - CISA Leader: The Senate unanimously approved the nomination of Jen Easterly to serve as director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), The Hill reports.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partner Program - Risk Management: Reciprocity has expanded the Reciprocity Partner Program. The goal is to "enable InfoSec solution providers and Value Added Resellers (VARs) to develop and deliver innovative products and services" supported by the company's ZenGRC platform. Synnex is assisting Reciprocity to "simplify the onboarding and ordering process for partners," the company says.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar