Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. DattoCon22 Live Blog Day 2: Get the latest DattoCon22, Kaseya, Datto & MSP partner news here.
2. MSP Software - Identity and Password Management: JumpCloud for MSPs has surfaced to help MSPs manage customer identities, devices and more from a single, multi-tenant directory platform. The company also launched of JumpCloud Password Manager for customers and MSPs.
4. MDR for SMBs: Blumira has launched Detection Filters, a new feature that "empowers small and mid-sized business (SMB) customers to customize detection rules based on their organizations’ needs." The customized detection rules" greatly reduce the number of noisy alerts, so small IT and security teams can focus on critical and priority alerts to prevent breaches and ransomware attacks," the company said.
5. Barracuda MSP: During the Barracuda Secured.22 event, the security company announced several security product and service enhancements for MSPs. They include:
- An integration between Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and Barracuda XDR, which enables MSPs to "gain visibility and insights by offering 24x7 SOC services, and increase efficiency by reducing product silos, mitigating alert fatigue, and streamlining management of their customers’ environments," the company said.
- Barracuda CloudGen Access enhancements to address web security and protect users no matter where they work. MSPs and customers essentially get a "single pane of glass with Zero Trust Access and web security offered as one solution," the company said.
- The Barracuda Email Protection Premium Plus suite for Microsoft 365 includes Zero Trust Access Protection.
6. Cyber Portfolio: Check Point Software has launched Check Point Horizon -- a solution that spans Managed Prevention and Response (MDR/MPR), Extended Prevention and Response (XDR/XPR) and Events visibility capabilities.
7. BDR: Asigra has released Tigris Data Protection software with CDR (Content Disarm & Reconstruction). The update embeds security features into the backup and disaster recovery software platform.
8. Partnership: NTT DATA UK&I and SecurityScorecard have partnered to "accelerate the transformation of continuous cyber risk monitoring across industries across the UK and Ireland (UK&I)." NTT DATA will deliver a posture evaluation report for clients, based on the SecurityScorecard platform. The report will combine NTT DATA’s consulting expertise with SecurityScorecard’s ratings and assessment capabilities to rate, analyze and monitor security risk for clients, as well as harden their security postures, the companies said.
10. Funding: Opus Security, a Cloud Security Orchestration and Remediation startup, has raised $10 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures with participation from Tiger Global and such entrepreneurs as:
- George Kurtz, co-founder, CEO and president of CrowdStrike;
- Udi Mokady, co-founder, chairman and CEO of CyberArk;
- Dan Plastina, former Head of AWS Security Services;
- Oliver Friedrichs, co-founder and former CEO of Phantom Cyber, acquired by Splunk; and
- Alon Cohen, co-founder and former CTO of Siemplify, acquired by Google Cloud.
11. M&A - IoT Security: Lantronix has acquired Out-of-Band (OOB) management solutions provider Uplogix for $8 million in cash, and as much as $4 million in potential earn-out payments tied to performance objectives.
12. Talent - Low-Code Security Automation: Swimlane has named Frans Xavier as chief technology officer and senior VP of engineering. Xavier oversees the company's technical roadmap to further automate security for partners and customers.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar