Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Microsoft BlackCat Ransomware Warning: Details are here.
3. Channel Chief - Cybersecurity Posture Automation: Balbix has named Saurabh Sharma as VP of strategic alliances and channels to expand partnerships with global systems integrators, MSSPs and VARs. Over the past year, Balbix grew its annual recurring revenue (ARR) 2.5x -- though actual revenue dollar figures and profit/loss figures were not disclosed. Balbix raised $70 million in Series C funding in March 2022.
6. Splunk Observability and Security Solutions: Details about new Splunk security & observability solutions surfaced at the company's .conf22 event in Las Vegas.
7. Threat Detection and Containment: Socura has launched a 24/7/365 incident response service.
8. Arizona Hospital Ransomware Attack: Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) of Yuma, Arizona, suffered a ransomware attack in April 2022 that leaked 700,000 social security numbers, The Record reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar