Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. KPMG Acquires Cloud Cybersecurity Consultancy: Details are here.
2. MSSP M&A List: See more than 115 MSSP mergers and acquisitions listed here.
3. Funding - SaaS Security: Obsidian Security, a provider of SaaS Security and Posture Management (SSPM), has raised $90 million in Series C financing led by Menlo Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners and IVP, with participation from existing investors Greylock, Wing and GV.
4. XDR Solution: Bitdefender has unveiled GravityZone XDR, a native XDR solution designed to provide "rich security context, correlation of disparate alerts, out-of-the-box analytics, rapid triage of incidents and attack containment through automated and guided response actions across a business's entire environment," the company asserts.
5. Leadership and Advisors: Titaniam, which develops a data protection and cyber immunity platform, has added five new members to its board of advisors. The additions include:
- Jim Reavis, founder and CEO of Cloud Security Alliance;
- Jon Callas, co-founder and founding CTO of PGP;
- Izak Mutlu, founding member and board of directors member of the Bay Area CSO Council;
- Robert Rodriguez, chairman and founder at Security Innovation Network; and
- Kurt John, CISO of Siemens.
6. Crypto Crime: The United States has linked North Korean hackers to the theft of hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of cryptocurrency tied to the popular online game Axie Infinity, the U.S. Treasury Department said, according to Reuters.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar